Saturday, January 21, 2012

Knee update

I was really getting discouraged with my knee. I had the injection Wednesday morning, and Friday night it still hurt like the Dickens. One of my fellow nurses had told me it wouldn't kick in for 72 hours, and when I got up this morning it actually felt a lot better. Not pre-flare up, but much better.

Last night Ralph and I watched Eddie and Julianna for the time between when Heather left for work and Ed got home. I took the Kindle Fire and the iPad with me, and they had such a good time. Julianna taught me how to play Angry Birds- how pathetic is that, that she knew how and I didn't! I have Fruit Ninja's on both devices, to they played that for a long time. Eddie figured out every game that I had on the Kindle! Amazon has a free app every day, and I get anything that looks like the kids would like. 

I'm also playing Words With Friends on the iPad with 3 of my internet group. It's basically scrabble, and two people play, which means I have 3 games going on. 

We got about 3 inches of snow late last night. Usually when one of us gets up, Cliffie goes and stands at the door to go out. Depending on how cold it is, she's out for five minutes or an hour. Today she didn't even go near the door. She's sleeping on the ottoman next to me. As the weather gets and stays cold, we want to wean her away from going out. She was a garage cat for so long that we don't know if we can make her a total house cat, but we're going to try.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

1 comment:

Leona Raisin said...

Q’s without U’s rock! Qi, Qat, Qaid and Qanat. Another great skill-builder is unscrambling anagrams to make words from a jumble of letters. If you like TV trivia and anagrams, my blog is fun and good practice for WWF. Let me know what you think of it.
Leona