Monday, September 8, 2008

We survived the storm!

We had a whole day of rain and some wind from Hurricane Hanna on Saturday. It was a dreary day, a great day for laying around and not doing much, so that's what we did. Other than taking Toast outside a few times, we stayed in. It was nice, and the rain was sure needed.

Now it's back up into the 80's and humid. Toast went home with Steph last night, and it was strange to come home to an empty house. The cats don't count, they don't care if you come or go as long as food appears in their dishes on a regular basis.

I got a lot done at work today, which was very satisfying. On the way home I stopped at Joann's fabrics for the pattern sale, and got dinner for Mom and us from Boston Market. Got home and ran the dishwasher and washer, trying to whittle down the mountain of email.

Ralph got the new computer hooked up, and everything transferred. We have a nice fast computer now, and the big moniter is working great.

Tomorrow is my friend Barbara's birthday, and also my niece Sharon's birthday. Last week was my friend Linda's birthday, and later this week is my nephew Mikey's. Happy Birthday to all!

Holly

No comments: