Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to work

Summer is officially over! Staff started back to work on Tuesday, and the kids came in today. I'm exhausted! I was so out of the habit of getting up early and going to bed at a decent hour.

Tuesday and today I came home and napped. Yesterday I managed to stay awake, and even got the first border on the mystery quilt. I want the second border on before I cut fabric for another mystery quilt class that I'm taking on Sept 13.

Big news- Mom drove! After not driving since mid-May, she drove up and down her driveway yesterday, and went to the food store in town (4 blocks away) today. I'm so happy- I didn't want her to lose her independence. She's used to running to the doc, the food store and out to lunch with friends.

Steph is home from her Labor Day weekend visit with Manda. She'll be down after class on Saturday morning to pick up Toast and take her home. I adore the dog, but I'm ready for a break. She's definately a high maintainance pup.

Manda was thrilled with "The Wind Cries". She had claimed the fabric when I bought it, and the quilt top has been assembled for probably two years. I've been working my way thru the family, and everyone will eventually get a quilt, but no one should hold their breath.

My grandson starts kidnergarten tomorrow! He'll be 5 on the 23rd, where did that time go?

So just modest goals-
Put the second border on the mystery quilt.
Cut out the next mystery quilt
Cut out the pirate jacket for Eddie.

Holly

No comments: