Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday night!

What a day! Last night I chewed on a pretzel and my upper front tooth broke off at the gum. I said some very bad words. I had given up using very bad words about 5 years ago for New Years, but a tooth breaking off is an exception.

So today I had to go my dentist and get an impression of my mouth, take my partial plate to the lab for them to add the tooth, go back to the lab to pick it up, and go to the oral surgeon for the extraction under general anesthesia. Some things are better slept thru. But it's all over now, I can talk and be understood, and there's not a lot of swelling. It's definately tender, but doesn't really hurt. Calling out from work was a pain- I have things I'm in the middle of, and a day not there wasn't in my plan.

Manda, Ben and the kitten are on their way back to Houston. They left this afternoon, with a cooler and a lot of nonperishables, and hope to be home tomorrow morning. Travel goes a lot faster without rainstorms following you!

Ben has power, Manda doesn't. So they will camp out at his place. JSC was opening today, and the gas station at their corner is up and running. They'll be glad to be home, and back in their routine.

Tomorrow I go to Quilting Possibilities in Bayville (50 miles away) for an all day class in the use of my HQ16. I signed up for it 6 months ago, and I'm so looking forward to it. There will be 12 of us, and they'll have 6 machines for us to use.

And it's chilly! So chilly that I have all the windows closed, and the heat on to take the chill off. Looks like fall is really here!

Holly

1 comment:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

glad your families get to go home, all the evacuee's have been in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to hearing about your class and seeing your set up. Sharyn/KalamaQuilts