Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update on Manda and Ben

They are safely at Ben's house. Kitten is settling in- she's eating and drinking and using the litter pan, and hiding under the bed. When I talked to Manda last night, they were at a friend's house. Ben was watching football and Manda had taken a nap.

I went to the Houston Chronicle's website, and the Houston officials are telling evacuees not to come back yet, as most of the city is without power. It's a scary situation, and I'm so glad they are safe in Nebraska.

Yesterday I took a Mystery Quilt class at Quilted Treasures. It was a lot of fun, and will be a fun quilt. I have to recut one strip set, as it didn't end up the right width, even tho my strips were correct, and the 1/4 inch seam was dead on. But correcting is it only a matter of cutting 3 strips and sewing them together, then subcutting- maybe a half hours work.

Today is a meeting of the South Jersey Longarmers Guild, also at QT. I'm the least experienced person there- everyone else does Longarming as a business. The meetings are informative and fun, and make me realize that I so do NOT want to go into business. Right now, longarming is fun. If I do it as a business, it becomes work, and I already have a job.

Things to be happy about-
Manda and Ben and Kitten are safe
You don't have to evacuate for blizzards
Work is going really well (knock wood)

Holly

No comments: