Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quilter's Rock!

I did my first big quilt on the HQ16 today. It's 84x84, and it's for Manda's boyfriend Ben. The top has been done for weeks, and everytime I thought about quilting it, I almost had an anxiety attack. My longarm quilting experience is limited to two classes and a baby quilt, which didn't go well. I finally figured out that the tension issues were me, I didn't have it tight enough thru the tension disk. So I put it off and put it off, but the quilt is going with me to Houston on Thursday, which means it really has to be done.

So I did it! Took about 4 hours, and more bobbins than I anticipated. Nothing fancy, just an all over meander. I'm so proud of it! and of myself! I had to stop halfway thru and sit for awhile, my knee was getting numb and my feet hurt. But it's done- I just have to bind it, which I'll do tonight.

Today was my first day of summer vacation- no work til Sept 2! Tomorrow I have to run around and get ready to leave for Texas on Thursday. Rapid Rover will pick me up at 5.30 a.m. for my 8 am. flight. I'm hoping to sleep for part of the 3 hour, 45 minute flight.

Holly

4 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

Congrats!! I'm ready to see a picture!

Manda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manda said...

Yay I can't wait to see it! Ben is so excited about getting it! That's so awesome that it's the first big one you did on your long arm, it's really amazing. I can't wait to see you and Dad tomorrow!

IO said...

I am looking forward to seeing my badass whole quilt like you wouldn't believe! I hope you have a good trip down to Houston.