Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Thursday

This week has been so busy, but is going by soooo slow! On Monday, Ralph and my brother Mike took out the old dining room set, and brought in the new one. Tuesday I put most of the dishes and things into the new china closet and sideboard. Both nights I crocheted for about an hour.

Wednesday was dinner with the nurses. We went to a place called Carolina Blue, which serves a lot of barbecue. It was okay. Came home, and Ralph went to bed early. I was sitting watching TV and crocheting, and Toast appeared! Steph was going to Heather's overnight, so Toast was staying here, and they snuck in and surprised us.

Heather got her eyes done today. She's wanted to do it for years, and she's much braver than I am. She did fine, and now Steph is seriously considering it. I guess I'm a pessimist, but I'm too afraid, since it's not 100% guaranteed to have no side effects.

Two more days of work, then off til Sept 2! And one week til I go to Houston to see Manda! Ralph and I are going at the same time, but he's spending 40+ hours on a train, and I'm spending 4 hours on a plane.

So no quilting done this week- it was easier to just sit down and pick up the crocheting. I have to get Ben's quilt up on the HQ, so I can take it with me to Houston!

And now I'm off to bed.

Holly

1 comment:

Manda said...

Ben is very excited about his Bad Ass Whole Quilt! And we're both very excited to see you! I've planned lots of places to eat and quilt shops to go to lol. Aww, I miss Toastie too.