Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a weekend!




This has been one of those weekends that I need to go to work to recover from! We started the day yesterday by going to a street long yardsale here in town. The first house, the lady was giving away videotapes- she just wanted to get rid of them. We did our share by taking about 20 older movies. Then we moved along. We got a window AC unit for Steph, a wagon for the kids, some brand new Disney store stuffies for Julia, John Deere plaques for Eddie, a portable phone for me for work. We came home, and made breakfast, and Steph and Toast arrived. Steph helped Ralph move her old bedroom furniture to the truck.

We went to Mike and Donna's for Jake's birthday party. We met Heather and Ed and the kids there. They brought their truck, so the guys just slid the furniture from one truck to the other.
As the picture aboove shows, Julianna approved of the cookie/ice cream cake!

We came home, and I looked at a dining room set on Craigslist. It was only in the next town, so we called, went to see it, and went back with the truck and bought it. It's a cream colored wood. We left it in the truck overnight. Today I emptied the china closets, and put everything on the kitchen counters. The china closets are heavy, so Mike will stop by tomorrow and help Ralph get them out to the garage, where they can sit til someone claims them. Ralph unloaded the "new" set into the garage. Steph and I went to Sam's club, then I took a nap while she ran errands. We had a Sam's club chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and carrots for the Father's Day dinner, then Steph did some blog maintainence for me before she headed home with Toast.

Whew! So at the momemt, the whole place is a wreck. My summer plan is to establish a home for everything, and to try to keep everything in it's home. Maybe I can get the place uncluttered enough so that I can have a cleaning person!

Holly

No comments: