Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Best Weekend!

 I had such a fantastic weekend! Saturday morning I made 4 pounds of meatballs and froze them, then sat down to rest my feet. At noon, the phone rang and it was Steph.

Steph- I was craving a cheesesteak, so I'm at the Portland Airport.

Me- Do they have good cheesesteaks there?

Steph- No, but they have planes here, and I'm about to get on one to come see you for your birthday.

Me- speechless. 

She got here around 9 Saturday night, flew into Newark and rented a car- direct flight, and tickets on sale. Ralph and Heather knew she was coming!

Sunday was my birthday. We got coffee and doughnuts from Tim Hortons, then headed off to Heather's - it was snowing, but not expected to amount to much.







So many of my favorite people! Frank and Charlotte, Mike and Donna, Mike and Samantha, Ed and Jeanne, and of course Heather and Ed and the kids, and Steph.

We had such a fun party, so much laughter and love. 

Monday Heather came up after dropping Julie at school. Steph wanted to go thru my photo albums and boxes  to look for pix of her and David. We ordered out lunch, since it was Valentine's Day and we thought every where would be crowded. We did the same at dinner. Monday night we just visited.

Tuesday Heather came up again and they finished the boxes of photos. A lot of laughter and some tears. Then we went to Lamp Post for brunch, since chipped beef was on Steph's wish list. She'd gotten a cheesesteak on Monday, and Rita's Water Ice on Monday and Tuesday.

She left here around 2 to drive back to Newark and fly home to Dan and Mocha. It was such a fun visit!

No comments: