Thursday, July 15, 2021

Hot summer!

 It seems like it's been in the 90's forever!



We were surprised to have an afternoon visitor! She laid down in the shade for quite a while. Ralph was concerned about her- then the amazon truck came and she ambled off. 

This picture came up in my Facebook memories. I thought it'd make a great quilt top inspiration.


My Wednesday work in progress update! One or two more color sets and Apache Tears will be complete! Since it's mostly single crochet, it's really heavy! A good winter snuggle under quilt! 

When the afghan is done, I think I'll go back to my cross stitch project for a while.


This is the last pic I took of it, on March 17! So I've had a good long break from it.

Family stuff- Ben's dad Randy is in WA visiting them. He and Polly were a half hour away, and he tried out an electric bike. He hit the brake, and went over the handlebars and landed on his head! He had a helmet on, which he cracked. A women saw the accident and called 911. He has a C2 fracture, which is a BFD! (a big fat deal) or it can be a big f*cking deal. He was transferred to a bigger hospital, one a bed (translation- a nurse) became available, and will have surgery later today. I told Manda that if it weren't fall the woman calling 911 he could be a quad or dead! He could be looking at a halo cast, and extensive rehab, depending on how it goes. You never know what will happen!

No comments: