Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December 29

 Today is our oldest daughter's birthday!


This beautiful woman is now 46! How did so many years go by so quickly? 

Because so many idiots insist on gathering and traveling, it's not safe for me to hug my baby today, and that totally pisses me off. I'll talk to her on the phone, and give her a virtual hug.


These guys are now slithering their way across the country to their forever home. Amary and Garrett have seen pix of their snakes, but I'm sure they have no concept of how long (over ten feet) the snakes really are. And, Ralph got me rattles on amazon, which I placed in them the final week,  so they are rattlesnakes! We mailed them yesterday, and I had Ralph get $500 of insurance on them. 

It's a beautiful day out, 37 and sunny. Ralph took the outdoor decorations down yesterday, while it was in the 40's. 

It was a sad day yesterday. Our longtime friend, Franny, lost her Jake to cancer. He died on his 92nd birthday, under hospice. Jake was a cool guy, with a gravelly voice, and he absolutely adored Franny (the feeling was mutual.) He died almost a year to the day after Gordon, the husband of Mary Beth and father of Gordanna. It's so hard to see close friends lose their loved ones. Cookie Swap now has two less members, and we mourn their loss.


No comments: