Sunday, December 27, 2020

Another Christmas!

 All the preparation, all the anticipation, then poof! it's over! What a strange Christmas it was. Christmas Eve we zoomed with everyone, or at least tried. Probably the entire world was zooming, and it was slow and choppy, and we gave up.

My Weather Channel app gives the temperatures ten days out, so I was able to finish Covid and Quarantina. I finished up at 10:30 Christmas Eve. I knew we were going to go see Heather and Ed and the kids Christmas morning for a short, masked, socially distanced visit to exchange gifts.


Eddie and Julianna were thrilled and amazed that their snakes were so long!

Julie got a dance bar, so Heather arranged the snakes so they can doo ballet!


Back home, we opened gifts from the west coast family. Amanda made this sweatshirt for Ralph!


She made me this snuggly cardigan! It has pockets, and the fabric has gnomes on it! 


Amary and Garrett chose this bird for me! When you press it's back, it sings! It's so cute. 

We had a quiet dinner, just the two of us. Ham slices, pineapple stuffing, and sweet potatoes. Best of all, enough so that we had the same thing on Boxing Day. 

When we went out on Christmas morning it was 62 degrees. By Christmas night it was 25 degrees! It rained and was windy Christmas Eve, so we were lucky it wasn't snow. 

For tonight's dinner, I have sauerkraut in the crockpot. I add a small cup of applesauce and cook it all day- yum! I'll add hotdogs the last hour, and it's a quick meal that we have maybe 4 times a year. It's at Ralph's request. 

Goals for today are to work on the WA snakes, so I can get them done and mailed. 

No comments: