Saturday, March 14, 2020

It's Corona time!

Times are scary. Corona virus, and prez that lies every time he opens his mouth. No wonder people hibernate! 

We lived dangerously yesterday, had lunch at the diner. We've been staying home more than usual, as per CDC advise. The diner is usually filled up, and there were only people at about a third of the tables. I had my usual jersey shore salad, and Ralph had chicken parmigiana. 

Projects really do go faster when you actually work on them! This is a ripple, in double and single crochet, with 12 stitches in each arm of the ripple. I love the way it's looking, sort of Christmasy.

Last weekend was the annual St Patrick's Day party at Heather and Ed's. It was fun, as usual. Ralph looks like something from Back to the Future!
This showed up in my memories, from 8 years ago. I'm not sure what they were dressed up for, but by the pic in the back, we were at Heather's.

I can't believe how big Amary is getting! Washington just closed all the schools, so she'll be working on schoolwork at home for a while. 

And this beautiful (inside and out) girl is now a teenager! 

I'm anticipating the library being closed down due to Corona, so I requested extra books (like I don't have a zillion on my Kindle!). I'm reading several series at once, and instead of one of each series, I requested 3. I'm reading both the Pendergast and the Gideon Crew series by Preston and Child, the Jack Swacki series by James Grippando, Deborah Crombie's series, Diane Kelly's Megan and Brigit series, the yard sale series by Sherry Harris, and the Diane Fallon series by Beverly Connor. All are excellent and I highly recommend, or I wouldn't be reading them. I'm also working thru A Very Stable Genius by Phil Rucker, a chronicle of the worst prez ever. 

And it looks like a nice day again- yesterday it was 70 and I had windows open! March is a strange month. Happy Pi Day!

No comments: