Sunday, March 29, 2020

Another week done

I'm getting to the point of having to check my phone or iPad to know what day and date it is.

I finished the afghan I was working on. It's called Ribbons of Joy, or some such. It was a kit. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Neighbor Dave was shopping, and gifted us with a rotisserie chicken.  I heated the whole thing up, and made risotto, glazed apples, gravy and cranberry sauce for a yummy dinner, with enough left over for a second dinner.

I got out the tub of yarn that I use for temperature blankets, and asked the 4 grandchildren what their favorite colors are. I plan to make each one a temp snake. I've been documenting temps since January 1. Eddie will be high temp for Mays Landing, Jules will be low temp. Amary will be high temp for Mill Creek, Garrett will be low temp. I'll use their favorite color for the head of the snake. I printed out a free yarnspiration pattern for the snake.

I've been watching Gov Cuomo's daily briefings for info. I don't believe anything that lying bastard in the WH says, and no longer watch his, or keep it muted til Dr. Fauci speaks. We need real info, not lies. 

I'm still reading a combo of library books and kindle books, of the several series that I'm enjoying. On nice days, I do laps up and down the driveway. We catch up with neighbor Dave when we're outside, and I talk to my brothers at least once a week. Ralph, the girls and I have a running text stream, so we all know what everyone is up to. Saturday night while Heather was working, Ed and Eddie called to check up on us, which was nice. 

So we're surviving the self isolation well, so far at least. It's such scary times!

No comments: