Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 5 of social isolation

So far, so good. We've got plenty of food in the house, plenty of books to read, plenty of crafts to work on. 

LOL, Ralph, day 5. 

My afghan is moving right along! I love the way it's coming out, it's a kit, and it's Christmas colors.


Manda had asked me to take a pic of my hands when crocheting, she wanted to know if I extend my index finger. Of course, it's to put some drag onto the yarn.

We did a little gambling yesterday, opened an ameritrade account and bought 100 shares of Royal Caribbean and 100 of Carnival/Princess. Prices are so low! And with 100 shares, you get $100 of onboard credit per cruise. I asked Mike about opening an account, and he said to use Ameritrade, it was easy to open the account online, and manage it. And of course, never gamble more than you can lose.

Corona virus is so scary. And yet there are still those that are not taking it seriously, like the idiot spring breakers in Florida. And we're so far behind where we could be, thanks to our idiot in charge, the liar.

We are going out for a bit today, just to the drive up at Chick Filet. We both want a salad, that's the one thing I don't have any more of.

My kids and I keep in touch by phone and text, and my nephew Mike called yesterday to check in on us, which was so sweet. I've talked to both my brothers in the last few days, and Ralph and his brother text or talk. 


2 comments:

quiltbea said...

Keep the posts coming Holly. I enjoy reading them and keeping up with your famill=y.
quiltbea

quiltbea said...

Oops, sorry for the typo. My fingers ran away from me. quiltbea