Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday

Another week passed! Retirement is amazing. No set bedtime or rising time, no having to leave the house before it's light outside, no putting up with work people! 

A funny thing is that I'm reading less! I used to read everyday during my lunch break, and after student dismissal. At home, there are just too many fascinating things to do! I have to make an effort to read. I try to read when I go to bed, but it's now making me sleepy. 
The bottom is done! I had to take it off the frame to do the top right section- being a lefty, my left arm isn't long enough to comfortably do the top area, and my right hand isn't coordinated enough to do it. I was hoping to finish the project by March 1, but don't think that will happen. New goal is to be done by March 15. 

After this project, I want to take a month off from counted cross stitch. I have a few crochet projects I want to get going- a poncho/sweater thing for Amary, and my yearly lap afghan for the Burlington County Farm Fair. 

We had snow yesterday, which didn't stick much to the roads or walks, but was a mess coming down. Ralph swept off the steps, and I stayed in all day. Today it's really cold- 23 at 10 a.m., so I may stay in again. Another retirement benefit- I don't buy gas nearly as frequently! I go out almost every day, but rarely go more than 10 miles away. All the places we like to eat, and all the craft stores I go to, are less than 10 miles away. 

Last month we took a morning and went to Thrift stores! We skipped the local Goodwill, because it's a hot mess. We went to 2 church run stores, and a huge store. I got 2 paperbacks at one. At another I got a bunch of small counted cross stitch ornament kits in a bag for a buck! Ralph got 2 pair of pants, one looks brand new, and 2 bike helmets. We decided to make the rounds once a month, then go to lunch. 
 It only took one day for this pattern to be posted online! There's also an Alt US National Park Service pattern up, which I printed out. We live in interesting times.
 

No comments: