Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Two weeks out!

I've had my new left knee for two weeks today. Tomorrow I go for a followup appointment with ortho, and get the staples out. The bruising is almost all gone, and the edges of the incision are well approximated- the staples need to come out. I've been transitioning from the walker to the cane. I was doing great til yesterday, when we had a rainy day and I could barely move! I'm icing it a couple times a day, elevating it a lot, and tylenol is pretty much controlling the pain.

We go out somewhere almost every day. Yesterday I got a long overdue haircut, and we went to breakfast. Today I stayed in, tomorrow will be ortho. Considering that 2 weeks out with the first knee, I was just leaving rehab, I'm doing great. But it's just not going fast enough! I'm tired of being a patient! 

I've gotten a lot of reading done, and a lot of crocheting done. I don't feel like I can stand long enough to cut fabric, so no sewing yet. I've cooked several meals, though. 

It's going down into the 50's tonight, so I turned off the AC and opened the windows. It should be nice for at least a few days. 

And all too soon, August 28 will come and I'll go back to work. Another school year starting- my last year before I retire!

And so it goes!
Holly

1 comment:

Dona said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well. I live in central jersey and I have been loving the weather.

Good luck on the last year. I am also starting my last year of teaching math.