Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sick

Ten days ago I started coughing my head off at work. By the time I got home, I knew I was coming down with bronchitis. I had it last year at this time, and it was awful. I took tussin DM and went to bed, and was in bed mostly all weekend, exhausted and weak. I was able to get a doc appointment, and was given my first ever neb treatment- whew, does that make you jittery! I was put on a medrol pack and an inhaler. 90% of bronchitis is viral, which means treat the symptoms, but no antibiotic. By then Ralph had it too. 

I was out of work 4 days, and slept most of them. Yesterday and today I came home from work and slept for 2 hours. I just can't get over the fatigue. The wheezing is gone, and the coughing is mostly gone. Ralph is still coughing, and has only been able to lay down to sleep the past 2 nights. So I kind of lost a week! 

I only read 8 books in September, all from the library. I was even too sick to read! Forget quilting, my head was too fuzzy. I did a little crocheting near the end of the week. 

Florence continues to decline. She doesn't recognize Ralph most of the time, and she's in the wheelchair all the time, and the aides feed her. She just turned 91, and it's so sad. 

My favorite Eddie turned 10! How did that sweet, tiny baby turn into a handsome young man so fast? He rides dirt bikes, kayaks, loves his dog Honey, and reprograms his mom's iPad! 

Ralph also had a milestone birthday, he turned 65. Because he is my dependent on insurance, his new medicare is his backup. 

Ralph downloaded an app to put pix on here from the iPad, and if I ever feel totally human again I'll play with it. 

Work is great, other than the whole getting up early in the morning to go there part. 

I'll leave Amaryllis and Steph and Dan for the next post!

Holly

No comments: