Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A sad day

I had just gotten to work this morning when Ralph called to tell me that his mom passed away. She had gone to the nurses station for pain meds, which they gave her. The nurse did the charting, turned around and Florence was gone. Very peacefully and quietly, which is what we wanted for her. She had her 91st birthday last week.

We meet with the funeral director tomorrow afternoon to make the arrangements. 

When Ralph called me, I contacted my girls to let them know. Heather immediately felt like she had to do something, but didn't know what. Ralph told me to stay at work, since there was nothing to be done today. I did, but I was antsy all day- I felt like I should be doing something. It ended up that Heather and the kids came up when they got home from school, and Steph and Dan came over, and we all went to the diner to eat. Tomorrow morning Heather is coming up and she and Ralph will go wash Florence's clothing and donate it to Goodwill. 

After we see the funeral director, I have an appointment with the cataract doctor, and hopefully can get a date for surgery, and hopefully it will be soon. 

And the beat goes on.
Holly

No comments: