Monday, April 8, 2013

The party's over

Spring break is over, and I went back to work today. Every day I say I'm going to do a post with pix, but Ralph's never around when I want to post. Tonight he's around, but he's got a lap full of Tina cat. 

It's 3 weeks today that Sly and Tina came to live with us. They are settling in very nicely. Sly loves to look out the window, and he sleeps under our bed- and he snores! Tina hides out in the fabric closet, and has gotten over her shyness with us- as soon as Ralph sits down, she's right there! 

Last week was Easter, and we had a great time at Mike and Donna's. I got to give Baby Joey his bottle and hold him for a while. We had so much food! Ham, lasagna, ziti and meatballs, and the things I made. Donna made a fabulous sangria, and I had 2 half glasses before switching to iced tea. 

It was wonderful being off for a week. I got the two baby quilts for Baby Girl up on the HQ and quilted them. I'm very happy with how they came out- now I need to bind them. I also have flannel to make receiving blankets and burp clothes from. I also took a nap several days, read a little, and cooked a little. Friday I took my mom to her eye doc appt- two hours of my life I'll never get back. Her appt was 10.20, they took her and several others to the back, where she said they sat for an hour til the eye doc saw her. The patients were all old, and they must find waiting that long acceptable- I sure don't. All the people waiting, me included, were complaining to the receptionist. I told Mom if she ever has to go back, I'm making the appt and making it clear that there is a limit to how long we will sit. 

And I really am going to get pictures up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels.doggienation.com