Sunday, October 7, 2012

Brrr!

All of a sudden it's Fall! We knew today was going to be in the 50's and dreary, so we closed all but the bedroom window last night, and that got closed in the middle of the night. We turned on the heat for the first time today, and I put the electric blanket on the bed. As Ralph says, Cliffie will never get out of bed now!

Somehow I hurt my left foot. It's swollen so much that I had to buy different shoes- my slides won't go on my foot! I've left a message for my doc asking for a referral for an xray. I'll get that done tomorrow, since we're off for Columbus Day. It also hurts to walk on it. 

I need to find out what's up with the foot, because next weekend we go away! David and Juliette's wedding is next Sunday. Manda and Ben get in on Friday evening, and Saturday they'll ride down to W. Va. with Steph and Dan, and Ralph and I will go by ourselves. We're all staying at the same hotel. Heather and Ed will come down on Sunday. We're all coming back up on Monday, and Manda and Ben fly out Monday evening. We all took personal days for Monday. 

My new knee is doing great! I've cut the tylenol way back, to one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and that's mainly for the old knee. I also use the cane for the old knee, although right now I'm using it for the sore foot, also. 

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: