Friday, September 7, 2012

Week One Survived

Our first week of school is done! Staff went in on Tuesday, and the kids came in yesterday. It was so humid all week that I felt like my head was going to explode, and walking made me want to cry. Toast and I were hobbling around like we were 100 years old. Today was the first day that it's almost decent out. 

I had PT after work Wednesday, and the therapist said that all the patients said the same thing about being especially achey. I almost cancelled, and was glad I didn't- I felt a lot better after the session. Monday I have a re-eval. It's been 10 weeks and a couple days since the surgery. 

Today is Steph and Dan's last full day in Portland. They'll be home tomorrow, which means they'll take their dogs home! Yay! I love the dogs, but 8 days is a lot. They're still afraid of my cane, which gets old real fast. 

Amazon announced yesterday that they have added a bunch of new kinds of Kindles. One is a tablet, to give Apple some competition. There's also a faster Fire, and a new lighted ereader. All nice things, but I'm not ready to order any. My Fire is less than a year old, my baby kindle is only 3 months old, and I love my iPad. 

One week from today Manda and Ben will be home for the weekend! They'll be here for Mom Florence's 90th birthday brunch party. 

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: