Sunday, April 3, 2011

Raindrops on Roses

Some of my favorite things are the green and cream quilt that hangs on the family room wall, and the green and cream striped afghan that lives in the family room.
My sewing machine- a Janome 6500 that I bought in 2004, when I got addicted to quilting. It weighs 37 pounds, and it's name is Moose.
The quilt that my HGTV quilting group made me to "fix me" when I was so sick last year. It took awhile, but it worked!
My Nook, which has a whole lot of books on it, and gets a whole lot of use. It has a skin with trees on it, and is in it's new cover. A lot of people name their Nooks. My Nook may be named Elvis- I'm not sure yet.
This is the front of the Kate Spade cover. I loved it, but didn't want to pay $85 for it. When it went on sale for $19.99 with free shipping, I ordered it.
The spring Vera Bradley collection is out, and I fell in love with English Meadow. Today is nice and sunny and a good day for some retail therapy.
Manda knitted me socks for my birthday! I love them! They're a kind of wool that can be machine washed, and air dried. The color is so pretty! I can't believe she taught herself to knit by watching you-tube videos.
Last weekend Steph and I went to a small quilt show. I have this pattern, so I took a pic of how it can look.
This quilt is made of all fruit and veggie fabrics!
A bunch of different pointsettia fabrics.
Bargello- I love the colors.
Paper pieced- I have a couple of books on these quilts, and it's on my bucket list to make.

April is here. A lot of the northeast got a real April Fool with a lot of snow. We had rain, which is fine! My niece Naureen's birthday is today. Mike and Donna and Frank and Charlotte have April anniversaries. My Dad and Father in law were both born in April. And this year Easter is the end of April, so late that when we go back to school it will be May.

In March I read 17 books- 7 from the library and ten either from the Nook or my paperbacks. My favorites were the Krista Davis series, about Sophie, who is an event planner and has a fun group of family and friends. Sophie tends to fall over dead bodies.

Ralph found 3 totes of yarn downstairs that I'd forgotten I had, and don't remember why I bought. So I bagged them up and have been taking them in to the home ec teacher at work. She teaches the kids to knit and crochet, and some of them really get into it and make beautiful things.

I went to a baby shower yesterday for the daughter of my longtime friend Roseanne. The food was good, the company enjoyable, and the gifts gorgeous. The women at my table who were around my age were telling the young women how many things we didn't have when we had babies. Ultrasounds were rare, disposable diapers were expensive and leaky, the baby sat in a carseat in the front with us, there were no baby moniters or registries- they were incredulous. And of course no cell phones or digital cameras to take pix with, and no computers to send the pix by.

This week my cleaning person comes, and I look forward to the house being gorgeous. I find that we, especially Ralph, aren't cluttering as much, since we know we have to declutter before Sharon comes.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: