Friday, April 15, 2011

Brrr

It was really nice for a day, then rainy for several, then nice-ish, now it's chilly again and rain is predicted for tomorrow.

Last week was kind of rough. April 5 was the fourth anniversary of my Dad's death, and April 7 was his birthday. I was glad to be at work and my mind occupied. This week my Mom started in home physical therapy. The therapist asked what her goals are. Mom said she's perfectly content to stay in the house, but the family wants her to go out. Yesterday she had a doctor's appointment, and Mike took her. She had a hard time coming back up the steps. She told me last night she won't be able to go to Easter dinner at Mike's. I knew she was going to try to get out of going. I try not to get upset, because I can't change anything, so I just keep her supplied with library books.

I'm over halfway done the purple afghan! Ralph found 3 plastic totes of yarn that I have no memory of buying, and don't know what I was going to do with them. So I packed them up and took them into the home ec teacher at work. She teaches all the kids to knit and/or crochet, so the yarn will be put to good use.

I went thru an entire bookcase full of quilting magazines, and tore out the pages I wanted, and put the rest out for recycle. I have about a hundred patterns that I saved, and it freed up the bookcase, which is now in the dining room holding cookbooks.

Steph had a scary allergic reaction and ended up in the ER and got a shot of epi. She's referred for allergy testing. We just got back from having dinner with her and Dan at Dublin Square, and she looks good. She was maroon in the ER, which is never good.

My work space at work is totally organized- I can put my hands on anything with no delay. My house is another story. It's getting better since we have the house cleaned every other week. That forces us to declutter on a regular basis, which is good.

I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. This getting up at 6:30 a.m. gets old real fast.
And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: