Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some sewing done!

Toast came to visit! Steph was having a bunch of people over last night. Whiskey loves company, especially when they hold him and pet him. He's a lover. Toast barks for a while at new people, and sometimes at people she met before.
She's more high strung than he is, so Steph brought her over to us yesterday afternoon, and picked her up this afternoon. She's so used to being here that she'll just relax wherever I am.
I just finished these book, from the library. From the back cover of Killer Mousse- Meet Della Carmichael, owner of a cooking school in Santa Monica, and star of a brand new cable cooking show. But now she's about to add an additional credit to her resume: suspect. It's the first of a series, and I've requested the others. Melinda Wells is the author.
The Cluttered Corpse is by Mary Jane Maffini, also from the library. Charoltte Adams is a professional organizer and lives with her two mini dachshunds, Truffle and Sweet Marie. It's not the first in the series- Organize Your Corpses is. Both books are cozies, and I enjoyed both. I requested the further books in the Charlotte Adams series.
I still need/want instant gratification in my sewing. I had a whole storage tote of flannels, mostly two yard cuts, so I decided to make receiving blankets. (No one is pregnant in the family! Or if they are, they're not sharing) This way I'll have some when they're needed. I buy the flannel when it's on sale. I made some in boy prints.
Some in gender neutral prints- love the duck!
And some girly ones. It's easy- I take a two yard cut of flannel, cut off the selvedegs, fold it in half so it's 36x42ish, right sides together. Sew the three sides, leaving an opening to turn it. Turn right sides out, and topstitch along all sides. Makes a great oversize receiving blanket. I made several when Julianna and Mackenzie were born. They wash up great.

I'm on my second baby size afghan of the granny stripe pattern. I'm determined to use up the soft baby yarn, and I'll have some gifts for later. The first one is going to Manda to give as a gift for a friend who's pregnant.

We're still waiting for the photographer to make the wedding pix available. She had the nerve to go on vacation!

It's overcast and cooler, with a humidity of about 900%. It drizzled for abut 5 minutes. We're supposed to get showers every day this week- I'll believe it when I see it. We desperately need the rain.

So many people on blogs I read have the ipad! I went to the site and read about it. Not cheap, and you have to get a monthly data account (about $25 per month). It's so cool, but I can't afford it at this time. We just got new cell phones, so that bill went up. Another thing I'm drooling over is the Accuquilt Go, which cuts fabric with precision. Another thing on my mental wish list, but not for right now.

Yay- it just started to rain! Hopefully it'll last a while.

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: