Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday

The wound vac is off/out! I now have steri-strips over the incision, and I was able to shower and wash my own hair! The hot water of the shower felt so wonderful! The small pleasures of life. I also got lab work done this morning.

I was commenting to the Nurse Practioner that I feel like I'm not where I should be, energy or strength wise. I'm 4 weeks and one day postop. She said we women are all too hard on ourselves- we expect to feel fine and strong too soon, and reminded me that a hysterectomy is major surgery. She's right, of course.

Tomorrow we're invited to nephew Kevin's for a birthday party barbecue for great-niece Nadia. I don't know how long we'll stay, but I'm excited to go- my first social outing postop!

I've been watching Clean House on Style Network- wow, makes my house look immaculate! Some people really have issues with clutter! I'm reading "After Dark" by Jayne Anne Krentz, which takes place on the planet Harmony and involves ghost hunters and para-archeologists. Not really my kind of book, but by one of my favorite authors.

Summer has arrived- it's hot and muggy outside. We've had the air conditioning on for days. And my recliner came- it'll take some getting used to, but I like it.

Holly

No comments: