Monday, May 5, 2008

It's May!

I was afraid April would last forever, because we didn't have any days off, but it zipped right by- Yay! This week is National Nurses Week, and in honor of it, I just paid the state $120 for the honor of being licensed for the next two years. At least it's computerized now- do the form, give a credit card number, and you're renewed. The hard copy of the license will come in a week or so.

Steph is now an apartment dweller. She had her groupies come over on Saturday, and she rented a UHaul truck and they loaded her up and off they went. I stayed here and went on a cleaning rampage in the kitchen- threw away everything expired, and filled the table with stuff that had to either go with her, go to Heather's for her yard sale table, or be trashed. She slept in her new place last night, but Toast won't move til the weekend. I didn't think it was fair to take her to a strange place, and leave her all day by herself. I don't want her to be confused or afraid.

I haven't started Step 3 of Orange Crush yet. I made a fat quarter tote, which is really huge, and two sundresses for Heather. The fabric is from Joann's fabrics, and the top is all shirred, and you buy it by the inch and run one seam up. I put straps on it, at her request.

I also started a new afghan, the kind that is one big granny square. It's soft white and lilac, pink, green and blue. Sometimes you just don't feel like sewing, and crocheting comes in handy.

And another week begins!

Holly

No comments: