Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!

Three days off from work! Yay! Yesterday I spent a lot of the day reading Winter Study, the new Anna Pidgeon mystery by Nevada Barr. Anna is a park ranger, and each book has her in a different park. This one has her on Isle Royale in Laker Superior in January. That's where the 50 year wolf/moose study has been going on. The book made me feel cold and spooked! I love Anna, she's got this sarcastic sense of humor that I can relate to. I'd give the book 5 stars.

This morning I went to Circuit City and got a new GPS. They have the Garmin Nuvi 350 on sale for 2 days. It's got the text to speech feature which I really wanted. We have a tomtom, but it's been living with Steph, and since she's in a new area, I'd rather she have it, and it gave me an excuse to get what I want! It was great- I went to the website, ordered and paid for it, and went to the store and it was waiting for me at the checkout.

Friday night we got a new moniter, a 22 inch flatscreen. Wow, is it ever wonderful! It's also from Circuit City, and also bought from the website.

Today I'm going to Frank and Charlotte's for a barbecue, which will be fun. Ralph is working, so he'll miss the chance to visit with the family. But he was just to see Indiana Jones with them while I was working hard on Friday.

Sunday things to be happy about:
It's a beautiful day
I bought Jersey strawberries yesterday, and they're wonderful
Mom is feeling stronger
The deck is almost done

Goals for the week:
Haven't set them yet

Holly

No comments: