Sunday, June 27, 2021

An awful anniversary

 Yesterday was the second anniversary of the worst thing that ever happened in our family.



It's still hard to believe that Joseph is gone forever. We met at the cemetery yesterday, Mike, Donna, Michael, Samantha, Jacob, Terri, and Ralph and I. I told them who the others in the plot were, and how they were related. We told funny stories about Joe, then we hugged and left. 

Yesterday was also Manda and Ben's anniversary! 11 years already! In those 11 years they've lived in Texas and Washington, bought a house, and had two children! Busy, busy!

Wednesday was a sad day. My cousin Denise died in her sleep- she was only 60! What a shocker that was to hear! So Mike and I will probably be going to a funeral this week. 

We only have two left of the "older" generation, Aunt Lena and Aunt Diane. Of this generation, the cousins, we've already lost Billy, who was Denise's younger brother. He died a long time ago in a car accident. And now Denise. "Holy Shit" was the reaction when I called my brother, and it's sure appropriate.

Treasure every day, you never know when it will be your last one.

No comments: