Saturday, May 30, 2020

May is ending

We just had our 49th anniversary! It doesn't seem possible, I don't know where all that time went. For an anniversary dinner, we ordered curbside from Olive Garden. Bonus, it was buy one, take one! 

For a gift, Ralph picked out and I ordered an Apple Watch, the version that you can check your cardiac status, as well as all kinds of other fun things. It should come in the end of next week. He offered to buy me a gift, but there's nothing I want at the moment. 

We had a raccoon visit the attic, but luckily Ralph banged on the ceiling and scared it out. We had exterminators out, and they set a trap, and Ralph fixed the hole in the roof. No results with the trap, which is good.

Look ma, no cast! She only had it on for 3 weeks, which is an eternity when you're six!


A finish! Winter Impressions was started when the kitchen was being redone. I got it all done but the back stitching, and it's been staring at me for over a year. I hate back stitch, it's so boring! I finally decided it's got to be done so I can move onto something else, so I forced myself to finish it. It does look nice. 

Now I'm doing May on the temperature snakes. I've got Eddie's done, and will work on Jule's today. It's so hot and humid that the AC may have to go on today. 

I'm reading a combo of my paperbacks, kindle books, and the occasional book from Overdrive. I'm reading two series by Ellen Hart, one by Victoria Houston, and the occasional single book. The library will be able to reopen with phase 2, when we finally get there. 

Jersey's numbers are going in the right direction, and the Gov is gradually reopening things, but we still get 1000+ new cases a day. We're one of the hardest hit states, getting our cases from Europe via Newark Airport. 

I'm finally watching some of the TV I DVR'd. I'm almost to the season finale of This is Us. 


No comments: