Monday, July 22, 2019

Hot hot hot

July is here with a vengeance! Temperatures have been in the upper 90's for days! It should break tonight, with a storm that's on the way in.

Joseph died almost four weeks ago. If the grief is getting any easier, it's a minimal change. It's still unbelievable. 

My mom made this sample probably 30-40 years ago. It hung first in her living room, then in her bedroom. I've offered it to Donna, because it's the prayer they used on Joseph's funeral card. She's accepted, and I'll give it to her when I see her. 

We were at the point of needing to either upgrade to Windows10 or change to Apple, and Ralph left the decision to me. We went to the Apple store to look at them. Once I looked at it as a bigger version of my iPad and phone, I said go for it. The monitor is huge! I've had to get him to help me with a few functions, but on the whole I'm comfortable with it.


I made yogurt in the instant pot! Heather texted me a picture of the ingredients. Whisk them all together, press the yogurt button, and leave it alone for 8 hours! Then put the inner pot in the fridge overnight, and you have yogurt! One batch lasted us almost two weeks! It was so good!

Last month I finished this afghan. It was from a kit, and called Pacific Harbor throw. Ralph asked who it was for. I put it over a chair, and told him I was sure it'd be claimed. The next day Heather and Eddie and Julie came up. Eddie sat down and wrapped it around himself and said he loved it. So of course it went home with him! 

Last night I reread the blogs from my first year blogging. I'd forgotten that I used to write a few things that make me happy in each blog. So here goes:

Things that make me happy:
Going to lunch with Ralph
A good book- I just finished Under Currents by Nora Roberts, from the library
Crocheting

No comments: