Sunday, June 9, 2019

June

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted here! We had our 47th wedding anniversary on May 27! How can so many years go by so quickly? We celebrated by having a glass of wine with our dinner. 


I finished this baby afghan. I'm not thrilled with it. It was a kit, and was two rows of double crochet, followed by two rows of single crochet. The directions didn't have it turn after each row of dc, and it's a little wonky. The yarn had metallic thread woven around it, and it was the devil's pubes to work with! The hook would split the yarn, and get caught. 

We had lunch at Olive Garden one day. I always fill up on salad, and bring most of the entree home. The meatball pizza bowl got me 3 meals!
We got our sweet Sly's ashes back, and he now resides on the mantle. I'm finally not always looking for him when I enter a room. 

A 4th cousin on my paternal grandmother's side found me on ancestry! She has intro'd me to other 4th cousins, and they've sent me a bunch of pix of relatives! This was my Pop's brother in law and his nephews! Turns out my Pop's sister also married a Carson, so I'm a double Carson! The man in the pic has a strong resemblance to my dad, which is so cool. I also found out from them that my grandmother worked in a post office in Ireland before coming over, and her sister was a tailoress!

And she sent me a copy of my grandmother's birth record! It's so amazing!

Yesterday was Manda's birthday! I'm not sure how she got to be 38, that seems awfully old, LOL. Today we're going to our usual Sunday lunch with Frank and Charlotte. The AC has been on and off, and today it's nice out, so the windows are open. 

And such is life!
 
 

 
 

No comments: