Friday, February 15, 2013

Mid February

This is me with the first scarf I made. It was so easy, that I've made several more and bought more yarn. 

Wednesday was my 60th birthday! Once upon a time, that sounded so old! Ralph got me candy and 2 dozen beautiful roses, for my birthday and Valentine's Day. Manda and Ben and Baby Bell Pepper Briles sent me Godiva chocolates, and Steph and Dan gave me a King Cake. 

I took the King Cake to work yesterday, to share with the staff, and I gave my mom a piece. It's like a huge Danish! It's a Mardi Gras tradition, so it's only available this time of year. Another staffer brought apple cake, another brought little cinnamon rolls, and another brought soft pretzels, so we nibbled all day. 

And today is a trifecta- Friday, payday, and a three day weekend! yay! And it was 60 today, tho it will be in the 30's over the weekend. I came home and took my Friday afternoon nap, and when Barbara called me at 6, I had to ask if it was a.m. or p.m.! 

And the beat goes on!
Holly

No comments: