Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beautiful Sunday

The sky is blue, it's warm-ish out, and the snow is gone! Of course the last time the weather was this nice, we got 6 inches of snow the next day.

I'm having a nice lazy weekend. Yesterday we went to the diner for breakfast, then to the Amish market for chicken croquettes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli salad, pasta salad and rice pudding- enough for all weekend. Today Ralph is Mom-sitting, so I went to Target and did laundry.

Tonight we're going to Frank and Charlotte's for cake for Frank's birthday, which is March 1. Mom's is March 3, and Big Mike's is March 31.

I just had a nice phone chat with my girlfriend Pat, who lives in Florida. We only talk once every couple of months, but we always pick up right where we left off. Our conversations range from who in our family is making us crazy, to what we're reading, to our jobs, and everything in between.

I'm working on an afghan in shades of blue and cream, which is coming along nicely. I still have a lot of green yarn, but I had to switch colors or go insane. I was visiting quilt shops online, as part of the fab-shop-hop, and I ordered some springy charm packs.

Manda and Ben were in Florida for the final launch of The Discovery, and they spent some time with John. They hadn't seen him since the wedding. They've been married 7 months already! She's back to knitting, with the assistance of Kitten. She finished the second sock!

And now it's time to put the laundry away.
And the beat goes on!

Holly

No comments: