Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Break! Finally!

The district I work in is always one of the last ones to close for the summer, because we're off for every silly holiday anyone has ever heard of. Then they close for a week, and reopen for summer enrichment programs, which I don't work. 

It's going to be a busy summer. Next week I have preadmission testing for my knee surgery, and the following week I have doc appointments for medical and surgical clearance. 

The week after that I fly to Sea-Tac to visit Amaryllis for her first birthday! How can that be! We'll spend a few days at Manda and Ben's, then relocate to Beaverton to see Steph and Dan's place and visit Toast. I fly out of Portland, and come home by way of Phoenix. 

Then on July 30, I get a new left knee to match my right one. The left knee is getting worse and worse, I use the cane a lot now. I'll be in the hospital for 2 days, then come home for in-home PT. Rehabbing the knee will take up August, then back to work! 

Tomorrow is the long delayed birthday party for Julianna and Mom. A Frozen theme, of course. 

Last week we went to Tori's high school graduation party! She's grown into a beautiful young woman, and is going to Stockton. We also went to a meet the baby party for Barbara and John's granddaughter Clementine. Such a cutie! 

Also in June Manda turned 33, and she and Ben had their 4th wedding anniversary. 

It's been an eventful month, and the summer will be busy!

Holly

No comments: