Saturday, August 31, 2013

I'm still here!

I haven't been in blog mode. I was having trouble with my right eye, the vision was just off. I went to my regular eye doc, who took some pictures and said that I have cataracts starting, but he didn't think that was the problem. He thought something was happening with my retina- not what I wanted to hear! So my primary gave me a referral to a retinologist.

By the time my appointment came up, I was a nervous wreck, convinced I would lose the sight in that eye. I asked Ralph to go with me for moral support and for another set of ears.

After a short exam, the retinologist said my retinas are fine, I have cataracts and that's what's causing the blurriness! I could have cried, I was so relieved! Cataracts are so fixable! I now have an appointment with the cataract doc, as the retinology group doesn't do cataracts. I'm so happy to live now- 40 years ago when my Mom had cataract surgery, she was in the hospital for 8 days. She said they stuck her with needles all around and in the eye! Now it's all drops, and you're home on the couch by lunchtime. 

I was so worried about my eye, I haven't been able to concentrate on much. I did a little bit of sewing, and no crocheting. A little reading, a little computer time. And it's Labor Day weekend, and fun time is over! Back to the Salt Mines on Tuesday!

And I'm working on pix.

Holly

No comments: