Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rest in Peace, Miss Millie

We lost our Miss Millie today.
She was about 19. She just showed up on our deck one day, and wouldn't leave, so we invited her in, and she never left.
As an aside, blogger is acting weird today. When I upload the pictures, all I see is computer language, not the picture. It's new, and disturbing. Anyway, Manda named her Milly, but I always spelled it Millie. Millie and Frenzy, our sweet faced but evil gray cat, never got along. They couldn't even use the same litter pan or eat in the same location.
Millie decided years ago that she was Ralph's cat. She slept on him, and curled up with him whenever any part of him was horizontal.
She did enjoy helping me sew. She was great at keeping the fabric still.
If she was helping me, I wasn't supposed to try to move the fabric- that got me a swat. She's been slowing down a lot this past year, and losing weight. A visit to the vet didn't do anything but upset her. This week she pretty much stopped eating, and didn't move around much. She did not seem to be in any pain, and we didn't want her last experience to be traumatic for all involved, so we just keep a close eye on her. She laid down in the closet last night, and passed away peacefully in her sleep. Like with my friend Sam, knowing the end is near doesn't make it any easier to bear. My heart breaks for Ralph. I'm grateful that she, like Sam, passed peacefully in her sleep. I wrote on Facebook that no one else better die this year, or even get sick, or I'm going to be really mad at them. I'm so tired of grieving, tired of crying, tired of being sad. I'm just tired. Holly

1 comment:

Sherry said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. It is very hard to lose a furbaby.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}