Sunday, August 31, 2008

August in ending!

Wow, where did the summer go? And as eventful as the summer has been, I'm glad to see it leave. This is two awful summers in a row- enough already!

Last summer we had Ralph's brain surgery and Joseph's car accident with his shattered hip and broken leg.

This summer we've had Uncle Frank's death, Mom's frequent hospitalizations, Ralph's allergic reaction to his med, my abscessed tooth, and Julianna's allergic reactions to strawberries.

I keep saying I got nothing done this summer, but my friend Barbara corrects me that I got a lot done, just nothing that I had planned to do.

Some good things happened this summer. Ralph and I visited Manda and had a wonderful time. Steph is visiting Manda right now, and hopefully the hurricane won't visit her. Steph, Manda and Ben all took summer college classes and did very well. Manda and Ben visited San Fransisco and had a great time. Michael started motorcycle repair school in Orlando and is doing well. Ralph got our porch and deck just about finished. I quilted 2 quilts on the HQ16. Steph and I took 2 cooking classes at Sur La Table. I took a mystery quilt class with Barbara at Village Quilter. Toast spent the summer here and kept me company.

We had quite a few summer birthdays- Manda, Steph, Ben, Connor, Mackenzie, Tori, and Nadia.

Things to make me happy today:
The sky is blue!
I'm 2/3 done the mystery quilt.
The air conditioning is not running!

Holly

No comments: