Saturday, July 14, 2012

Physical Therapy

The PT was here yesterday. Michelle was covering for the PT who will be mine, who is on vacation. She guided me thru a series of exercises, non of which seem hard on paper. Some in a straight chair, some standing at the walker, and some either laying on the bed or in the recliner. The whole series only took about 15 minutes, and I could barely move at the end! I'm to do the whole series 3-5 times per day. She predicts that I'll be off the walker and onto the cane within two weeks. 


The swelling in the leg is resolving, but my foot is still very swollen and annoying. Luckily I have a pair of sandals with three sets of velcro straps. I can't fasten the middle set of straps at all. I spend so much time with it elevated! 


Today is postop day 17. The bruising is all but gone, the incision looks great, and the knee feels strong. I can do more by the day, and I sleep better every night. I'm managing on the one vicodin at bedtime, and tylenol the rest of the time. I know I don't have to worry about addiction issues because I am in pain, but I still don't want to take the narc any more often than that. 


I had an eye doc followup appointment today, so I did the steps, the car, and the parking lot. I was so tired and sore when we got back! I had lunch and went in for a nap. When I got up, I did a set of exercises, then elevated the lower leg so the knee would extend. I read a quilting magazine while I sat, and I'm eager to be able to get back to quilting. It'll probably be mid-August before I'm able to. 


Ralph got us some jersey tomatoes to have with lunch. It tasted so good on my sandwich! 


And so it goes!
Holly

No comments: